Login

www.route4u.dk

Real life video for indoor training

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Software to play RLVs

Software to play RLVs #221

• ibooij
Hi people,

I've made a program to play RLVs, Big Ring. I made this because I used to have a Tacx Fortius, but it broke down. I then wanted to be able to use all the RLVs I had (both Tacx and 3rd party) with my new Fluid Trainer (Kurt Kinetic Rock&Roll). This lead me to creating Big Ring.

It works with ANT+ sensors:
  • power meter
  • speed sensors
  • cadence sensor
  • speed/cadence (dual) sensor
  • heart rate sensor

Recently I bought an Elite Real Turbo Muin B+, which is an ANT+ FE-C trainer. This now also works, so it behaves like my old Fortius, but works a lot better. No wheel slippage, much less noise. And I like the software better, but of course I'm biased.

I guess the software might be useful to others, so you're welcome to download it from the website.

cheers,
Ilja
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Software to play RLVs #222

• kurti
Looks good.
Unfortunately, too late.
Now goldencheetah is able to play RLV.
It can control Ant+ FE-C trainer. Wahoo Kickr,Snap Tacx Neo,Fortex,Smart...
Trainer's speed control the video-speed.
Slope the resisistance (brake) of the trainer.

Software to play RLVs #224

• ibooij
I know about Goldencheetah, it's a really great program. I use it for analyzing my training sessions.

I just think that the Train View is a bit too complicated, I'm aiming big ring to be simpler to use. Big Ring should also support most of these trainers, because it uses the ANT+ FE-C protocol. GoldenCheetah also has support for CompuTrainer and some other indoor bikes, which Big Ring does not have.

cheers,
Ilja
Moderators: admin, AG Studio
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds