Login

www.route4u.dk

Real life video for indoor training

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: IT_Lessinia

IT_Lessinia #379

• AG Studio
It is since I started making RLV that I am dreaming to film this route, but living abroad and spending only winter holidays back home, it was always hard to pick the right moment to do it. It happened the first of January this year, which started with a promisingly shining sun. While South Italy was about to experience a heavy and dramatic snow fall, the North ramained cold but dry. Normally during this time of the year the road of the high Lessinia is a cross country ski track, but this time it was completely clear of snow and populated by families walking to the various alms (malghe). We start down in Valpolicalla, and climb up the way through Fumane, Pendola, San Rocco di Marano, Cerna, Sant' Anna d'Alfaedo. Here we join for a few kms the route of IT_Branchetto, but soon deviate adding the new climb of Vallene. After a short descent we join the main road towards Erbezzo, and there enter the high Lessinia taking the road to Castelberto. We reach Bivio del Pidocchio around km 40 and the ground switches from tarmac to gravel, in correspondence to the beginning of the ski track. We cross all it passing by Malga Lessinia, Rifugio Castelberto, Rifugio Podesteria and Monte Tomba until Tracchi. There we turn back the same way and reach Malga Lessinia again.

www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=cnhxezsywzxhyqzs

View of Valpolicella wineyards from the village of Bure. The skyline shows the Bell tower of San Pietro in Cariano.

View of Monte Baldo from the high lessinia road.

RLV facts:

Length: 72km
Altitude gain: 2371m
Video duration: 2h36'
Video Framerate: 30fps
Video Resolutions
Medium: 1920x768 (21GB)
Large: 3840x1536 (76GB)

If you are interested, contact me at agstudiorlv[at]gmail.com

Happy biking!
Last Edit: by AG Studio.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: admin, AG Studio
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds