Login

www.route4u.dk

Real life video for indoor training

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: RLV from Indonesia

RLV from Indonesia #434

• AG Studio
In September I traveled to Indonesia, and I had the chance for some filming, so I decided to explore the island of Flores (East Nusa Tenggara). Flores takes the name from Portuguese traders (Cabo do Flores), who settled in the 16th century. Their legacy are: the name of the island, a bunch of Portuguese surnames, and catholic religion, that makes of Flores the largest catholic portion of the most populated Islamic country. As the rest of Indonesia, Flores shares the Dutch influence, and still today a large fraction of tourists comes from the Netherlands. Flores grew in popularity as a tourist destination since the establishment of the Komodo National Park in 1991, in the near archipelago formed by the isles of Komodo and Rinka: the sanctuary of the big lizards known as Komodo dragons.

Nowadays most of the tourism is attracted by the growing number of Beach resorts in the old Maumere, and the rapidly expanding Labuan Bajo. In 1992 it was established also the Kelimutu National Park, whose highlight are the three colored lake craters of the Mount Kelimutu. The only way to reach it is a long drive from Labuan Bajo or Maumere, through the only road crossing the island, friendly named Flores highway.
The road, with few exceptions is a sequence of turns and hairpins, constantly up and down, with views opening on forests, volcanoes, coast lines, rice fields, and cultivations of Bananas, Coconuts, Coffee and Cacao.
I drove (strictly speaking the driver drove, as it is highly recommended to rent cars with drivers) the distance from Labuan Bajo to Maumere in 4 days, and I made 5 RLVs covering the full distance of 551km. Despite this was the beginning of the wet season, weather was quite dry, exceptionally beautiful in the morning and with some clouds almost every afternoon.

PS: it seems I do not bring most luck to the places I visit :unsure: : in this year there was the Kilauea eruption, the fire in Malibu, and the day I was laving Indonesia there was the big earthquake and Tsunami in Sulawesi.
Last Edit: by AG Studio.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RLV from Indonesia #435

• AG Studio

ID_Ruteng

Day 1: from Labuan Bajo to Ruteng. Fairly hilly road, with some flat section in the middle.

RLV facts:

Distance 97.9km
Duration 3h15’
Elevation Gain 2829m
Size (1920x768): 23.9 GB
Size (3840x1536): 84.4 GB

link to the profile:
www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=vbzciplyicwkbjnk

RLV from Indonesia #436

• AG Studio

ID_Bajawa

Day 2: from Ruteng to Bajawa. Long riding, with the second climb approaching the volcano Inerie, then steep descend to the hot springs and back to Manulalu lodges. Beautiful weather for most of the day, excepts a cloudy section while climbing to Bajawa, the perfect weather again. Good weather although not perfect, with some clouds approaching Ruteng.

RLV facts:

Distance 162.6km
Duration 5h20’
Elevation Gain 3512 m
Size (1920x768): 45.2 GB
Size (3840x1536): 154.3 GB

link to the profile:

www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=axnlszlwvqmmcxbx

RLV from Indonesia #437

• AG Studio

ID_Ende

Day 3: from Bajawa to Ende. Long riding, with mostly descent, and a nice stretch along the coast. Extremely beautiful weather, with some clouds in the last km.

RLV facts:

Distance 126 km
Duration 3h45’
Elevation Gain 1804m
Size (1920x768): 30.8 GB
Size (3840x1536): 107.3 GB

link to the profile:

www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=thkfsauvnypvnvww

RLV from Indonesia #438

• AG Studio

ID_Kelimutu

Day 3: The video is supposed to the final part of the previous video, with the climb to the Kelimutu mountain until the village of Moni, but for a technical problem I lost 5 minutes of footage, so it is a separate video. Some clouds in the beginning but the weather opens up on top.

RLV facts:

Distance 53.1 km
Duration 1h37’
Elevation Gain 1505m
Size (1920x768): 11.0 GB
Size (3840x1536): 39.3 GB

link to the profile:

www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=sztdxixeuepnlspv

RLV from Indonesia #439

• AG Studio

ID_Maumere

Day 4: Last part of the trip, from Moni, climbing the Kelimutu until the top, and then down along the coast, and more hills approaching Maumere. Beautiful weather with some clouds and a few rain drops in the very last km.

RLV facts:

Distance 111.9 km
Duration 3h35’
Elevation Gain 2534 m
Size (1920x768): 26.6 GB
Size (3840x1536): 994.3 GB

link to the profile:

www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=olnrbeesrdkuzhhp

Moderators: admin, AG Studio
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds